Members of the Armwrestling Federation of Africa (AFA) would converge in Ghana’s capital, Accra for their annual congress on Thursday, July 26, 2018 at the Kama Conference Center.
The congress forms part of activities lined up for the upcoming Africa Armwrestling Championship to be held at the DG Hathramani Hall at the Accra Sports Stadium.
According to the Ghana Armwrestling Federation (GAF) through www.armwrestlingghana.com, participating countries are; Benin, Cameroon, Egypt, Kenya, South Africa, Seychelles, Mauritius, Morocco, Mali, Nigeria, Togo, Madagascar, Uganda and host country Ghana.
Meanwhile, Secretary General of the World Armwrestling Federation (WAF), Mircea Simionescu – Simicel, is also expected to witness the congress and the Championship.
The WAF scribe would be in town on Tuesday July 24, 2018 to prepare for the biggest armwrestling event in Ghana and Africa as a whole.
President of the Africa Armwrestling Federation and other top officials are expected to arrive between July 20 and 25, 2018.
AFA CONGRESS MEETING
Agenda Summary :
- Welcome And Attendance
- Egypt new president
- Approval of 2017 congress meeting minutes.
- Affiliation of New Members.
- Proposal to appoint an honorary president.
- Setting up of commissions
- Constitutional Review.
- AFA official uniform.
- Africa to Host World Armwrestling championship.
- Promotion of Armwrestling in Africa
- Coaches and referees Development.
- Athletes & Technical Commission
- Website and social Media platforms.
- 2017 Financial report.
- AFA Agreement Contract with Host Nations.
The event is sponsored by K-Balm Ointment from Kofikrom Pharmacy, Go On Energy Drink from Twellium Industries Limited, Erata Hotel, Awards Center, I-Level Media and with support from the Ministry of Youth and Sports (MoYS) and the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA).